Clerk: Lynne Yapp 36 Abbey Road, Pershore, Worcs WR10 1JP Tel: 01386 552233 (Office Hours)
Notice is given of the meeting of Defford & Besford Parish Council at 7:00pm on Tuesday 19th January 2020 at 7pm Via Zoom
If you would like a link to the meeting, please contact the clerk on 01386 552233 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- OPEN FORUM – Opportunity for Parishioners to ask questions / raise issues. We encourage participation from Parishioners through the meeting if they so wish
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Declarations of Interest:
Register of Interests: Councillors are reminded of the need to update their register of interests.
To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
Written requests for the council to grant a dispensation (S33 of the Localism Act 2011) are to be with the clerk at least four clear days prior to a meeting.
Councillors who have declared a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest, or Other Disclosable Interest which falls within the terms of paragraph 12(4) (b) of the code of conduct, must leave the room for the relevant items.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES from meeting on 18th November and 15th December 2020
- CO-OPTION – to consider application received from resident in Defford. To record that further co-option can take place to fill the two remaining vacant seats
- COUNTY COUNCILLOR REPORT
- DISTRICT COUNCILLOR REPORT
- Approval of receipts and payments to 14th January 2021 (made since last meeting)
- Payments for authorisation (see table at foot of page)
- Church Wall – to consider 3 quotes received for necessary church wall repairs
- To agree budget / precept requirement for 2021/22 – previously circulated to Cllrs
- HIGHWAYS & BYWAYS
- Footpaths/Rights of Way
- Lengthsman – any specific areas to be looked at
- Street Lighting – To approve acceptance of the costs / upgrades provided by street lighting contractor in an effort to move forward and commence with the necessary works
- Flooding – to ensure the parish council is made aware of any potential flooding issues. Cllr Spiers met with resident / lengthsman 11th January – update and any feedback to be considered
- Speeding/Traffic Calming – awaiting reply from P&CC re any possible funding towards a VAS sign. To confirm amount available from County Cllr and free CIL funds (after payment of street lighting project). To consider traffic data collecting strips. – clerk to chase . Traffic calming to be addressed after costs for street lighting confirmed
- Harpley Road Car Parking – awaiting response from Rooftop regarding garage space and open space available for car parking
- Home Farm Housing Survey
- 20/02354 – Neilson Park, Defford Arms, Upton Road – change of use of land for siting of 14 static holiday caravans as approved under Planning Ref. 14/00381 restricting occupancy – approved by WDC
- 20/02327 – 7 Lower Drive, Besford – replacement conservatory – awaiting decision by WDC
- 20/000037/CM (Worcs. County Council) – Planning application made under Section 73 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended) to vary condition 5 of planning permission ref: 18/000016/CM, to amend the operating hours – to consider
- 21/00035 – Broad Hill Farm, Broad Hill, Defford – to remove hedge between two plots as indicated on map and replace with new hedge for new boundary to discuss
- OPEN SPACE
Millennium Green – To report back on consultation with parishioners on the use of NHB and s106 monies for climbing frame and 2 x picnic tables. To consider forming a Playground Working Group – made up of Cllr(s) and parents/parishioners. To organise working parties, fund raising for equipment, repairs and ongoing maintenance
- Village Hall Car Park –
- Electric Car Charging Points
- Repair to Church Wall – to consider and approve expenditure on the urgent and necessary repairs of the church wall
- CORONAVIRUS – VILLAGE SUPPORT UPDATE
- CORRESPONDENCE – Emails have been circulated to Cllrs
- OTHER ITEMS FOR INFORMATION/FUTURE DISCUSSION
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING: